Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Jazz Hands

Ryann likes to wear her fireman hat every morning as soon as she gets up...Why? I have no idea Ryann had her 18 month check-up last week ( in true Erin fashion, a month late). She was 25lbs(60th percentile), although she feels much much heavier and I don't remember how long she was (bad mom, I know...however, I know it was in the 75th percentile) and her head is in the 90 percentile (surprise, surprise...she has always had a large head...lots of brains). She is becoming quite the talker, although we rarely know what she says. She speaks with such confidence in what she is saying, that we usually just nod our heads and play along with her conversation.Some of her words that we do know, although they don't really sound very clear, are as follows:
mama/mommy...FINALLY, I feel so validated.
dada

thank you (tank u)
milk
MORE (says this a lot at meal time)
chicken
cracker, cookie
Duckie
Night Night
No No No (always in threes and very emphatic)
Cheese
Owl
flower
I love you (pronounced I.U.)
Lulu (my mom)
Pappy (my dad)
papa (grandpa)
mama(says this for grandma)
Rico(Uncle Read....disclaimer: I am SURE she can say Sarah,John, Sara, Jason, Scot and Conni too....just haven't heard it yet..I know it is coming soon:) )
happy
Hi
Bye
Hello
bear(beer)
shake it
JAZZ HANDS (so, it doesn't sound exactly like jazz hands, but she does say something like it it while she does jazz hands...I worked a long time on this trick)
doggie
Meow(says this when she sees a cat)
bath
shower
banana(nana)
yogurt (YoGo)
Elmo
Keys
Bow
Bible
Aggie
Book
baby

She is such a JOY. I cannot imagine a better gift. She has such a sweet spirit. I have had some hard days going back to work part time. One particular day, I must have looked kind of sad after work and Ryann came up, gave me a hug, patted me on the back and said I. U. (I love you).so cute. This is not to say, she has not exercised her will. Last week, when I picked her up from her class, her teacher told me she scratched a little boy on the face because he took her baby doll. not so cute.

We are so blessed to have our little one and half year old. This is my favorite stage yet. It is so incredible to see her personality coming out and her character forming. We love you Ry, Ry.





7 comments:

Chris and Jill said...

Erin, what a beautiful tribute to your precious daughter. Happy 19 months, Ryann!

stacymac said...

she is so great! and i love she wears the fireman's hat. that's how hutch is with his helmet. he reminds me of the kid in parenthood who wore a bucket on his head all the time, but without the head-banging aspect. anyway, she's a great little lady

Melody said...

She looks so adorable in her owl jammies & firefighter hat! I miss y'all and hope to see you soon!

Cali Kolbergs said...

She's such a cutie!

Unknown said...

WOW! She says a ton of words! Love the pj's!

Annie and Jeremy said...

Awwww, you have GOT remember all these stories for when she is older. I love hearing my mom say the things she remembers me doing when I was itty bitty! :) Ryann is one special little girl! :)

John and Sarah said...

Im so in love with her. I miss her so much. Its been almost two weeks. I am needing some Ryann Cate time!! Also, you always have the cutest pj's on her. Where do you get those?!