Monday, July 2, 2012

Olympic Fever

I am a little obsessed with all things Olympics. Alright, a lot obsessed. My sweet husband appreciates (I think) this quirk about me and surprised me last month with tickets to one of the final days of the track and field Olympic trials, which were being held in our neck of the woods this past weekend in Eugene, OR.
We had such a fantastic weekend in Oregon. I loved every second. Being that I ran track in high school, it was so fun, because I actually understood everything going on, which doesn't happen often when it comes to sports:)
Thank you, Mark. This was one for the memory book for sure.
These pictures are for Annie, my fellow obsessed friend.

Our seats were right in front of the high jump,which was so exciting

We saw the 110 meter hurdles final, here are the three going to the Olympics

Jackie Joyner Kersee handing out the medals to the Hepthalon Olympians

The highlight of the day was seeing Allyson Felix win the 200 meter final.


Such a FUN day! I was totally geeking out at all the Olympic things going on, Ryann, was a little less than enthused:)








2 comments:

Liesel Rios said...

Hooray for the Olympic Trials! Glad you made a memory!

Annie and Jeremy said...

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I can't BELIEVE I'm only just now getting to check this post! Your pictures are fantastic! You took pictures of the VERY moments I got to see on TV!!! But you were REALLY THERE!!! AHHHHH!!! SOOOOO glad you had a good time! :) Love your obsession, love YOU!