Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nothing says, "I Love You " Like a Goat


Mark and his friend, "Hoppy"

A Sri Lankan young woman Mark met last month posing with her goat that was given to her through World Concern's Global Gift Guide

Matthew 25:35-40 (New International Version)
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

About to do some Shameless Promotion of World Concern's Global Gift Guide.. I am indeed fully Shameless because this is fully Awesome. If you go to the website, worldconcern.org/ggg you will see a catalogue FULL of items in every price range that help others around our world in need. There are a plethora of items to choose from such as: goats, pigs, chicks, help for AIDS orphans, a fish pond,school uniforms, hearing aids, schooling needs, water wells, a solar cooker, medical care, a latrine, birthing training....and the list goes on and on and on....The possibiities on how you can help are endless..
So instead of giving your Aunt Nancy the same lotion for Christmas that you give her every year, why don't you give a goat to a Hatian, in Nancy's name.
This is also a great opportunity for a family, a group of friends, a home group/community group etc. to get together and give as a group to someone in need, that would be a great service project this Christmas season. If you have any questions or want more information, please let me know. Yes, this is truly the Christmas gift that keeps on giving, and that is something I LOVE talking about:)

2 comments:

Jennifer Hanson said...

I put this on my Christmas list and am posting a whole blog about meaningful gift giving tomorrow (where I mention the GGG). I love it - so cool!

Elyse said...

I absolutely LOVE this picture! Can you please put this on your Christmas card somehow!