Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lately...

Fall is here...which makes me happy. Fall is my favorite season. October is my favorite month. Bring on the chili, football games, pumpkin candles, Fall festivals, cute costumes, nutmeg and cinnamon...I am ready!
The beginning of Fall has been quite busy around here. Ryann started school, I started my part-time job, we are joining a church, Mark is working hard, we are preparing for some Fall visitors...so beyond excited about that last one!! Here are some pictures from events that have happened already this Fall season...

The "channeling a hippie and wearing a headband around your head instead of on top of your head trend" is alive and well here in Seattle. I actually wish I could pull this trend off without looking like I was trying too hard...but I haven't tried...yet. Ryann, on the other hand, prefers to wear her headbands this way.


The Hunger Challenge ended, and this picture is of what we had left at the end of the week...Yes, that's right, we had food left. An eye opening experience for sure...to read more of our thoughts on this and what it meant to us, click here

Football Season is upon us, Go Aggies!


I love the Texas State Fair. I am actually borderline obsessed with it and get so excited about going every year. I haven't missed a Texas State Fair in 30 years....until this one. (Cue the violin music)
However, I have an awesome husband, and he took us all to the Puyallup Fair about an hour south of where we live. It didn't disappoint. It was a great fair...we all thought so, and that is saying a lot...being that we are self-admitted fair snobs. I left my camera in the car by accident, but did snap this pic of Ryann with her face painted after we left. It is a pink, sparkly pony...and Ryann was so sad when bath time came that evening.



Stop the Press...We went out on a Date....Say What? Yes, it's true...and we even got a babysitter. We went out to celebrate our anniversary...this was the first night out just us since we have moved....and we had a wonderful time.
Being the classy couple we are, we opted for a more casual faire...and it was opening day of the Five Guys Burgers and Fries around the corner from our town house.I love the excitement of going places on opening day, love the enthusiasm of crazies, and even love the lines.This opening day didn't disappoint. People were sure excited about some burgers. The close proximity of this restaurant is very dangerous...best burgers ever!


After dinner, we went to the mall to get dessert:
Mark with his favorite, Mrs. Fields cookies

Me with my favorite...Red Mango frozen yogurt..mmmmmmm

Ryann and her fist non-family babysitter,the Fabulous Kaylee. When we got home, Ryann had sparkly, pink fingernails...a mark of a good evening!


Last weekend, we took a ferry over to Bainbridge Island to "run" a 5K that benefited an org. that deals with the prevention of human trafficking in the Seattle area. Great Cause, Great Weather, and we all felt Great...until the jogging stroller got a flat tire. Poor Mark had to carry Ryann on his back for most of the way..so our run quickly became a walk. Oh well. I love this island so much. The homes were so beautiful and the scenery was just breathtaking.


In love with Bainbridge Island!



We put back on the calories we burned at the 5K and then some...with this delicious fish and chips basket.We ate at a cute little cafe on the water after the race. There is no doubt that this part of the country knows their seafood...even if we prefer the fattening fried stuff...it sure is fresh.


Ryann started AWANA last week at the church we are joining (which btw, we LOVE, which is such an answer to prayer).She is a cute Cubbie and loved it. I think she mainly loved wearing her vest, which she called a "beautiful costume"...hmmm. Looking forward to learning Bible verses with her.

3 comments:

Jennifer Hanson said...

Hahaha "my beautiful costume" - I love it! That kid reminds me soooo much of myself at that age.

Kate and Julia have been in AWANAs since Cubbies and the other day I had them drawn pictures for my Compassion sponsor girl who is their age. Dear sweet Julia said she has the perfect verse to write on the back of the picture and rattled it off from memory right away. It was SUCH a perfect verse about encouragement and I was so proud of her for knowing it and using it to bless someone in a tough circumstance.

Elyse said...

I love seeing all that's going on with you guys. Ryann is adorable as always. She can totally pull off the hippie headband. It's so her! Thanks for the update!

John and Sarah said...

LOVE ALL THE PICTURES!!!! Seattle is beautiful!! I also love that yall went to a burger joint on your anniversary. Just one of the reasons we love you.